Welcome to St Paul’s Lutheran Church of Irvine!
We praise and glorify the Lord Jesus Christ as He comes to serve and bless us through His Word and Sacrament. We follow a long-standing liturgical tradition that is based on God’s Word. We also celebrate the Holy Eucharist and receive the body and blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins as He teaches in 1 Corinthians 11, Matthew 26:28, et al.
Saint Paul’s was originally established in Laguna Beach in 1947 and then restarted in Irvine at Crean Lutheran High School on April 10, 2011 and we have recently moved to Concordia University Irvine Spectrum Campus at 16355 Laguna Canyon Rd, Irvine, CA, 92618. We are excited to see the Lord causing us to grow as we celebrate our new lives in the Lord Jesus.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
What to expect when you visit our church
The schedule each Sunday is as follows:
- 9:30 AM Divine Service with Holy Communion
- 10:40 AM Fellowship (coffee & snacks) after the service
- 11:00 AM Adult Bible Class
- 2:30 PM Individual Confession / Absolution
- 4:00 PM Divine Service
Note to visitors: If you are still learning about the Lutheran Confession (or the Christian faith), we invite you to receive a blessing during communion. Please cross your arms or bow your head and the pastor will bless you.
Our goal in serving you is very simple and yet powerful, because through faithfulness to Christ’s word and sacrament: “Christ will shine on you.” (Ephesians 5:14)
We are a congregation that is passionate about our Lord’s Great Commands to love Him and our neighbor (Matthew 22) and our Lord’s Great Commission to makes disciples of all nations (Matthew 28). We are eager to personally reach out to people one-on-one, connect everyone to the Life of the world — Jesus — through His Word, identify and support future professional church workers, support international missions, and to remember the poor, the sick, the unborn, the lonely, and those in prison.
Children of all ages are welcome at our services. We encourage families to worship together. Beginning in March 2024, we are commencing a family sunday school that begins at 10:45 AM in our fellowship cafe. Every Sunday, we provide books and children’s bulletins on the entrance table and offer a Children’s Message at our Sunday services. Parents are always welcome to take restless little ones to the adjacent classroom or fellowship cafe where the service is streamed live.
Our Adult Bible Study
We are excited to offer Adults the following opportunities to be in the Word of God at Saint Paul’s:
- Sundays at 11 AM is “Journey Through God’s Word”, which provides summaries of the books of the Bible, the parables, and the miracles of Christ.
- Every Wednesday morning at 10 AM is our in-person bible study in our church office, which is also available online via video. We are currently studying Lifelight: Revelation. This study begins January 10th, 2024.
- Every Wednesday night at 7 PM is our teaching service, which is studying the Pauline Epistles, one chapter at a time. We started this study on December 27th, 2023 with Romans chapter 1. Our goal is to cover all 13 Epistles. During Advent and Lent, we offer liturgical services with a unique sermon series.
- We also offer a 9 week adult instruction class to be confirmed into the Lutheran Confession. We schedule these according to the availability of class participants.
- All Sunday sermons thoroughly proclaim God’s Word while following the Church Year.